Saturday, December 19, 2009

Decorating the tree

Danica helped me decorate the Christmas tree this year. She loves Christmas trees and lights. She would pick an ornament to put on the tree and as she put it on she would declare "oooh, Grandma would love this one!" She also wanted to be in her dressup dress while decorating.
Apparently doing a "gangsta" pose.

Carefully placing the pinecones one the tree. The tree came with some pinecone ornaments that I just would never put on. However....this year after I had put the tree up I was moving the box to the garage and Danica saw on the side of the box that the picture had pinecones on it. She then loudly declared "Mommy! You forgot the pinecones!" Fortunately they were in the ornament box and so this year we had pinecones on the tree.

Showing off one of the pinecones.
I have an angel for the top of the tree but Danica (for some reason) didn't want an angel on top. She wanted a star. So we took a little trip to Target to look for the star. I personally wasn't a big fan of any of the stars that they had but I wasn't the only one being picky. While looking at the endcap with the stars on it I asked her which one she liked (all the while hoping she wasn't going to like one of the really tacky looking ones) and she said "I don't like any of them"
Me: "You don't like any of them?"
Danica: "Nope, I don't"
One of the other ladies shopping started to laugh and I told her that I had a perfectly good angel at home but she wanted a star this year. She thought it was hilarious. It was until I had gone to two stores and still hadn't found a suitable star. So the top of the tree was bare this year.

No comments: