Well the time had fnally come for Danica to get her first haircut. The way it was growing it had a bunch of different layers in it and that made it difficult to do anything with. I found out about this place in Portland from one of my coworkers who takes her son there. It is called Little Clippers and they specialize in kids haircuts. This place was awesome! They had tons for the kids to do while waiting. A couple of playhouses and a couple of different video gaming systems including Vtech. So this is Danica's hair before the cut.
She was trying to figure out the Mario game that they had. We got there a little early so she could see what it was about. She was excited to get her haircut "with scissors!" When she mentioned that with excitment the day before we had a little conversation that only big people get to cut hair with scissors.

They had all sorts of different things for the kids to sit in while they got their haircut. And the kids got to choose. Danica chose the Barbie car. They also had a jeep, horse and racing cars. She particularly liked playing with the radio and steering.

She didn't put up a fuss with having the cape on. I wasn't sure how she would react to that but she took it well. She also got to watch a Dora video while they cut her hair. They have a pretty big list for the kids to choose from and Jason and I knew that would work for her.

The guy who cut her hair was really great. He was even patient with me and Jason since we couldn't agree on how short to cut it. I think we ended up inbetween what we wanted.

I was amazed she didn't freak out over the blowdryer. She still doesn't like it when I use one!

And "ta da!" Shorter hair.

A picture from the back!

We found a great deal for a hotel about half a mile up the road from the haircut place (Jason found the deal and is quite pleased with himself--as he should be, it was fun). We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, it had a pool and we got 4 tickets to the zoo and a full breakfast! So we had a little vacation. We took Danica to the pool and of course she had to pose for the camera!

She is such a little ham! She loved her swimsuit. The pool was kinda cold but we got used to it. We didn't have any earplugs for her so she couldn't go underwater. Since she doesn't like to go under...I think she was okay with that.

Saturday morning we went to the zoo and she was so excited to see all the animals. And I mean see...not watch. We would get up to a cage and she would take one look at them and then say "more animals!" It made it hard when Jason or I wanted to actually look at the animals! Especially the baby elephant! He was so cute! Jason got this picture as I was waiting in line for an elephant ear.
She did alot of walking at the zoo. She declared she did not want the stroller and would walk. We did miss going through one section because of this. Partly because the zoo had a lot of construction going on and some paths were closed so we had to take the long way to see some things. It was a fun couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment