Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oregon Coast Aquarium

One of the things that we did when my mom and dad were here was go to the aquarium. Dancia had never been there. We were saving it for when she was a little older and could appreciate it a little more. She had a blast and did suprisingly well considering it was nap time and she didn't get to have one.


You can't really tell what this is in this picture but Danica and I are standing behind the jaws of some mega-shark.
Danica was amazingly brave at the touch tank. She was getting really tired by this time but she didn't hesitate to touch the starfish. I figured she wouldn't want to stick her hand in the water at all. She didn't want to touch the anenomes (yes I know that is probably spelled wrong!). They were farther into the tank and she didn't like having to hang over so much.
There are three different tunnels that you walk through and they have different fich and sharks and rays in them. Danica thought that it was very cool to see all the fish. There was also divers in the tanks while we were there which I thought was neat!
She liked seeing the fish swim under her feet!
Looking up at a big shark overhead with Daddy. They had one shark that looked to be about 7 feet. Of course you are looking into water through curved plastic. So good chance of some distortion.
Just a neat picture. It was pretty dark in the tube so really good pictures are almost impossible.
I love jellyfish. I just think that they are so neat. They have several different tanks of them with a good variety of different types of jellies. By far my favorite thing at the aquarium.
While in the gift shop, Danica (who is by now very tired and in need of nap) saw a plush turtle that she just had to have. It is very soft and I don't think that she put it down for the first 4 days she had it. "Turtle" has become the current favorite.Fortunately it's not too big.

No comments: