Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas!

Well... Christmas was a big hit in our house this year. It was so nice that I didn't have to work Christmas eve or Christmas for once. Danica had been gearing up for days, just waiting to open her presents. We never did get her to see Santa this year. The bad roads just made it too iffy. I'm sure that lots of Santas didn't make it into work this year either. She did get to see the one that comes by on the fire truck though! No pictures however since I was sleeping and Jason had to carry her to see him through the snow.
This is Danica waiting ever so patiently Christmas morning to open her presents. We made her wait until we had breakfast. A hungry Danica is a cranky Danica and we were not about to deal with that!

She did very well with taking turns on opening presents. It was "Danica turn, Mommy turn, Daddy turn!!!!" She even helped pick out which ones we opened up next.
And she sometimes helped us open up our presents too!

She was very excited over every present. It didn't matter what it was, she was happy to have it. And of course wanted to play with each one right away.

Sometimes she wanted us to help unwrap with her. I think because she knew it would be faster. But we made her do most of it on her own.

She really liked this cook set that is shaped like a cupcake. She has spent the last couple of days cooking Jason and I cupcakes. (Thank you Tim and Monica!)

Sitting with Mommy by the tree. Would she look at the camera at all? Nope.

Sitting with Daddy by the tree. At this point she was starting to get squirrly with anticipation.

And of course Danica had to help clean up. She picked up after opening every present. I'm not sure if we even told her to do that or if she just did it on her own. (It would be nice if she would pick up her own room though!----Yes Mom I know, payback sucks!)


Here are some little clips of how Christmas morning went. Since we all couldn't be together...Next best thing!


No comments: