Saturday, September 6, 2008

Making cookies

Danica had her first adventure in baking last week. I decided to make some cake mix cookies with her. Reason for cake mix ones over regular cookies were: alot faster, fewer ingredients, and they don't make tons and tons (that I will then eat!) Plus they're yummy.

I mixed anything that needed a mixer first and then let Danica add stuff. She suprised me by being patient and not getting upset when I needed to take the bowl back and mix it some more.
She spilled a tiny bit of the mix on the table and was very concerned by it. Once I told her it was okay she was fine with it.
She really liked stirring the mix. She did not however like it when she got a little of the batter on her hands. I can't wait to try something that requires hand mixing with her! That will be interesting!
Adding the chocolate chips!
Danica's job while I scooped out the dough was to say "plop!" when the mounds of dough hit the pan. She was very amused. And so proud of her cookies.
She had to have a little snack of chocolate chips while we waited for the cookies to bake. If you look carefully you can see the chocolate drool out the side of her mouth!She was very proud of her cookies. And they turned out quite tasty too. It is kind of a cross between cookie, cake and brownie in taste and texture. They are definitely better fresh. Two days later...not so good.

No comments: